Native American activist and fake war veteran Nathan Phillips is about to pay for his defamation of Nick Sandmann.
Sandmann’s attorney has already threatened lawsuits against members of the media who defamed his teenage client.
But now he is getting set to sue Phillip’s himself for defamation against his teen client, The Daily Wire reported.
An attorney representing Nick Sandmann, the 16-year-old Covington Catholic High School student who was smeared as a bigot when he was, in fact, the victim, will be suing Nathan Phillips, the Native American activist who lied about his encounter with the teen.
Atlanta-based lawyer L. Lin Wood told LifeSiteNews on Thursday that he would be suing Phillips for his “lies and false accusations” against the Covington Catholic students – and Sandmann in particular. He also told the outlet that he would “file the first round of civil lawsuits within the next two weeks.”
Sandmann’s attorneys previously sent letters to 54 entities – including Democrat politicians, news outlets, and individual reporters – notifying them of a potential lawsuit. That list “continues to grow in number,” Wood told LifeSite, adding that Sandmann’s attorneys are “in the process of sending formal written retraction demands in conformity with statutes in states in which litigation may be filed.”
Wood also released a 15-minute video detailing the lies and smears perpetrated against his client by the media and others.
LifeSite asked Wood why Sandmann and the other Covington Catholic students were still being investigated by the Diocese of Covington.
“We have no idea why the investigation by the Diocese has not been concluded but we are confident that any objective review of the evidence will conclude that Nick did nothing wrong,” Wood responded. “Nick remained calm and well-mannered despite being confronted by an activist beating a drum within inches of his face while chanting loudly. Nick did not utter one word except to quietly urge a classmate to refrain from making any comments that might aggravate the situation created by Phillips and the Black Hebrew Israelites.”
Wood also said that Sandmann was initially barred from returning to school after the encounter, but the school relented after attorneys stepped in.
This came after Wood threatened celebrities and media members with lawsuits for how his client was portrayed.
The Covington Catholic High School teen at the center of a media firestorm earlier this month is now fighting back through his attorneys. And the media is TERRIFIED.
“We have put them on notice!” his lawyers tweeted. “We will be relentless.”
“Very productive day with Lin Wood @LLinWood and Taylor Wilson @g_taylor_wilson in Atlanta. We sent out our first round of document preservation letters to a number of national media outlets. We have put them on notice! #NickSandmann #CovingtonCatholic #CovingtonBoys”